Local Activities for Kids
Our Lincoln Walk Homes by Ayres are situated in the beautiful Arlington South Community of Riverside in a perfect area to raise children. Located in the Riverside Unified School district, our homes are within walking distance to localparks and nearby schools, which offer several outstanding outreach programs, including the after-school HEARTS program. You will also find a community full of family-friendly activities.
Activities for Kids:
- Parks Galore- Riverside has no shortage of parks. Here are a few favorites among the younger crowd that offer an assortment of activities…Fairmount Park, Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park, and Rancho Jurupa Park.
- Van Buren Drive-In Theatre- Kids can step back in time to experience a movie at this iconic drive-in theatre. Movies are shown in the evening and the drive-in is open seven days a week.
- Castle Park is a popular amusement park which offers 35 rides and attractions, including miniature golf, carnival games, an arcade, and a water playground.
- California Citrus State Historic Park- This open-air museum is filled with roadside fruit-stand replicas, citrus groves, plenty of spots to picnic, and the “Tour and Taste” attraction.
- Glo Mini Golf- Try out some mini golf at this 3D glow in the dark park. Kids will enjoy an amazing journey through the wonders of the world on this 27-hole course.
- Arlington Heights Sports Park- Located right down the street from Lincoln Park, this sports park provides baseball fields, soccerfields, half-court basketball courts, a jogging track, and play areas for kids.
- Hidden Valley Nature Center includes 25 miles of hiking trails on 1500 acres of land. Kids will enjoy the chance to participate in several interactive activities and observe live animals. They will alsohave the opportunity to join summer camps, the Little Explorers program, the Junior Naturalist Program, and Friday Family Nights.
- Fox Performing Arts Center offers a variety of live family-friendly performances that your kids will enjoy. Upcoming shows include Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood in October and The Nutcracker in December.
- The Cove Waterpark– Kids will loveto cool off on the waterslides at this outdoor waterpark. This popular spot includes the “Riptide Reef” attraction and a plenty of other fun water features.
- Sky Zone Trampoline Park– Get ready to bounce at this indoor trampoline park. Kids can play ultimate dodge ball, practice twists and turns, dive into the foam pit and jump till their heart’s content.
- Riverside Metropolitan Museum is home to over 200,000 artifacts including decorative arts, textiles, fossils and rocks, Native American baskets and many more. Children 3-10 will enjoy the hands-on activities that the museum offers.
If you’re looking for a place where your children can grow up in an area rich with indoor and outdoor activities…Riverside is the place to live!